U.S. University Search & Application Workshop
Saturday, April 14, 2018
2:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
This workshop organized by IU Bloomington’s Office of International Services will provide information for prospective students (rising seniors) about the U.S. higher education landscape, including the search process, communicating with university admissions officers, applying to U.S. universities, and scholarships/financial aid. In addition, a panel session hosted by the Director of International Admissions and presented by Faculty and current students at Indiana University in Bloomington will focus on the U.S. university experience, including classroom expectations, teaching approaches, and campus life. The presentation will include global participants joining through a hosted web service. Parents and school are also invited.
Indiana University Europe Gateway
CIEE Global Institute
The annual college info evening is coming up
Tuesday, March 20th, 5:00p.m., Heizhaus
this year with the keynote speaker Brian Gallagher, Bard College Berlin.
17:00-Intro-Leslie Kamphausen/Andrew Hand
-Key note speaker-Brian Gallagher, Bard College Berlin-
“Staying Safe and Healthy after graduation”
18:05-UK university system-Northumbria
18:20-U.S. university system-NYU
18:35-German university system-KIT
18:50-Dutch university system-Maastricht
Topics: the application process: deadlines, important parts of application(ie. essay, activities, IB points, IBCP, grades, admissions tests) Study
programs, student life, finances, location, size
École hôtelière de Lausanne, IE University, Jacobs University, KIT/Carl Benz School of Engineering, MODUL University, Bocconi University,
Vesalius College, University College Utrecht, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, IUBH Univ of Applied Sciences, Bard College, NY,
Bard College Berlin, Northumbria University, Keele University, John Cabot University, Touro College Berlin, Richmond University London,
Hult International Business School, Franklin University Switzerland, American University of Rome, Maastricht University, BIMM, Stanford
University, New York University, Education USA
Please also consider:
It is a pleasure to inform you that the BBIS Modern Foreign Languages Department will continue offering the possibility to our Spanish and French Secondary School students to take the prestigious DELE and DELF exams during this academic year (2016-2017).
It is highly recommended to consider this option since the DELE and DELF diplomas are recognized all around the world. The hours employed in training for these exams suppose an excellent complement to the holistic education provided by BBIS for foreign language learning.
An extra curriculum activity will be provided for students that wish to take the exam.
Please, see the detailed information, which you will find in the following links and do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any question.
French DELF information link:
Spanish DELE information link:
BBIS MFL Department
Please join us for the first HS Musical Soirée of the year!
Where: The MPR
When: Thursday 22nd September at 6pm
What: Performances of pieces from Grade 11 & 12 students & former student Maike Kusserow
Here's a sneak preview of the draft programme so far:
Soirée, September 22 at 6pm in the MPR
1. Esther, Jonja & Ruth: ‘Gott deine Kinder’ by Alan Menken
2. Lauren, Esther & Jonja: ‘For Good’ from ‘Wicked’ by Stephen Schwartz
3. Lauren & Jonja ‘Rather Be’ by Jack Patterson
4. Jonja: ‘Romanze’ by A.Dvorak
5. Jonja: ‘Nocturne’ No.2 Op. 9 by Chopin
6. Ben: Sonata Facile
7. Marc & Esther: Powerful – empire cast
8. Luis, Mr. Milner, Ben & Ruth: Feeling Good by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse
9. Oliver: Misty by Errol Garner
10. Oliver & Lauren ‘Ivy’ by Frank Ocean
11. Atalya & Sam ‘In My Life’ by The Beatles
12. Atalya & Sam ‘Iris’ by the Goo goo dolls
13. Luis solo: “We don’t have to take our clothes off” – Ella Eyre
14. Luis: ‘Read All About It, pt. III’ by Emeli Sandé
15. Gabriel, johnny & HyungSeo Improvisation
16. Masha & Brent: ‘Save Me From Myself’ by Christina Aguilera
17. Johnny: ‘Angelina’ by Tommy Emmanuel
18. Sarah, Brent & Johnny): ‘Riptide’ by Vance Joy
19. Alia: ‘Love Song’ by the Cure, covered by Adele (Martin)
20. Hana & Brent: Smile by Charlie Chaplin
21. Max & Ruth O. Romanze and clarinet duo By Carl Richter
22. Maike: original composition
We hope to see you there!
The Music Department
Our graduating class did remarkably well in the International Baccalaureate exams: the IB Diploma Programme students completed the second time in a row with a 100% pass rate. The average grade went up by more than one point to 34.6 points. And we congratulate Carlotta v. G. who reached the maximum of 45 points! This puts her in a segment of less than 0.5% of the 150.000 IB DP candidates achieving a perfect score.