If music be the food of love...
Many thanks to all students, staff and parents who helped make the first Informal Musical Soiree such a success last night. The students performed a varied and enjoyable programme comprising nineteen performances:
1. Maike: original composition
2. Max and Ms Organ Moderato by J. Wanhall and Romanze by Carl Richter
3. Esther, Jonja and Ms Organ: Gott deine Kinder by Alan Menken
4. Marc, Esther and Mr Lund Bruning: Powerful by Empire cast
5. Jonja: Romanze by A. Dvorak
6. Ben: Sonata Facile
7. Luis, Mr Milner and Ben: Feeling Good by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse
8. Lauren, Esther and Jonja: For Good from Wicked by Stephen Schwartz
9. Lauren and Jonja Rather Be by Jack Patterson
10. Oliver and Lauren Ivy by Frank Ocean
11. Gabriel, Johnny and Hyung Seo Improvisation
12. Luis solo: We don’t have to take our clothes off by Ella Eyre
13. Luis: Read All About It, Part III by Emeli Sandé
14. Masha and Mr Lund Bruning: Save Me from Myself by Christina Aguilera
15. Johnny: Angelina by Tommy Emmanuel
16. Sarah, Mr Lund Bruning and Johnny: Riptide by Vance Joy
17. Alia and Johnny: Love Song by the Cure, covered by Adele
18. Hana and Mr Lund Bruning: Smile by Charlie Chaplin
19. Jonja: Improvisation on Nocturne No.2, Op. 9 by Chopin
Clearly, music is alive and well at BBIS!
The next soiree will be held in the MPR at BBIS on Thursday 15 December, commencing at 18:00.