BBIS GmbH is an independently run, state-approved, inclusive, English-medium day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. We are the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School to be fully authorized by the IB organization to teach all four IB programmes covering the 3 to 19 age range. In the current school year 2020/21 our school teaches about 750 students who represent more than 60 nationalities.
BBIS has an opening for a
Librarian for IB MYP, IB DP and IB CP (f/m/d)
| Job Description
|| Your Profile
- Plan, organise and implement all aspects of the day-to-day running of the secondary school library
- Support students and teachers in developing media literacy skills in all subjects
- As Secondary Librarian you will help curate resources and materials and teach lessons to develop media literacy in grades 6 to 12, IB MYP, CP and DP
- You will also support teachers in developing their media literacy skills and materials for teaching and learning
- You will have a passion for reading and media literacy and will be up-to-date with the research about how students learn best in today’s connected, creative and collaborative learning environments
- You will have a keen interest in promoting the use of the library and online and offline library resources to the school community.
- The working week is 40 hours with all school holidays except one week after the end/before the beginning of the school year
- BBIS teachers are highly qualified educators who cater to students’ individual needs
- Teaching certification, preferably with a master’s degree
- Experience in IB MYP or IBDP/CP, in a similar role in international schools
- Energetic and internationally-minded
- A genuine interest and experience in active use of technology and curate resources to facilitate student learning.
- High level of initiative, willing to work in an ambitious and dynamic school
- Team player, resilient, positive & growth mindset
- Ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues alike
- Commitment to academic excellence is matched by a belief in educating the whole person
|Perks - More than just a job
- Have an impact. With professional competence and enthusiasm, we are improving day by day the educational level, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Use our professional training to prepare you optimally for your tasks
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Fun at work and beyond. Join our team events – there's always something to celebrate! Or use our fitness offers to get balanced
- Feel at home. Enjoy our green campus, our relocation service and the international open-minded community
Please review our website or our Youtube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using our online application form.