- To work collaboratively with mainstream colleagues to provide appropriate support and necessary program modifications and accommodations, e.g. organising the learning area, documentation of student learning, other duties as required by the PE teachers
- To ensure that students with identified learning needs have access to the IB curriculum, through provision of in-class support, e.g. Implementation of educational plans in coordination with the PE teachers
- To provide substitution cover at the discretion of the Principal.
- Supervision of students
- You will assist with the teaching of Physical and Health Education to students from Early childhood (3 years old) to grade 10 (currently IB PYP & MYP).
- You will have a passion for your subject and will be up-to-date with the research about how students learn best in PE, and how what they learn can help them lead a balanced and healthy life.
- You will have a keen interest in promoting student well-being through teaching and learning in Physical and Education classes and beyond.
- Embrace the school’s Mission and Guiding Statements and put student learning first.
- Use differentiation to develop plans to meet the varied needs of a diverse student population.
- Incorporate varied instructional models and assessment methods to optimize student learning.
- Plan collaboratively and across disciplines.
- Involve students actively in their own learning.
- You are an energetic, internationally-minded and appropriately experienced, with a commitment to academic excellence and believe in a holistic education for every student.
- You are an innovative, connected, creative, collaborative, flexible and pro-active professional with a passion for the subject.
- Team player, resilient, positive & with a growth mindset.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues alike.
- Engage students to become creative and critical thinkers.
- Create a safe, secure and stimulating environment based on understanding, respect and shared agreements.
- Value and make productive use of diversity of cultures and perspectives that exist in the school community.
- Actively contribute to the well-being of the community and the development of the whole school.
- High level of initiative, willing to work in an ambitious and dynamic school.