- You will teach Physical and Health Education to students from grade 6 to 12 (currently IB MYP & CP).
- You will have a passion for your subject and will be up-to-date with the research about how students learn best in PHE, and how what they learn can help them lead a balanced and healthy life.
- You will have a keen interest in promoting student well-being through teaching and learning in Physical and Health Education classes and beyond.
- Embrace the school’s Mission and Guiding Statements and put student learning first
- Use differentiation to develop plans to meet the varied needs of a diverse student population.
- Incorporate varied instructional models and assessment methods to optimize student learning.
- Plan collaboratively and across disciplines.
- Involve students actively in their own learning.
- Engage students to become creative and critical thinkers.
- Create a safe, secure and stimulating environment based on understanding, respect and shared agreements.
- Value and make productive use of diversity of cultures and perspectives that exist in the school community.
- Actively contribute to the well-being of the community and the development of the whole school.
- You are an energetic, qualified, internationally-minded and appropriately experienced and qualified teacher, with a commitment to academic excellence and believe in a holistic education for every student.
- You are an innovative, connected, creative, collaborative, flexible and pro-active professional with a passion for your subject and enjoy teaching students from grade 6 to 12.
- Experience in teaching Physical and Health Education in the IB programmes (MYP, DP, CP) would be desirable, although we would also consider candidates with experience in the AP, A-Level, IGCSE or similar, as training can be provided as part of our extensive professional development programme.
- Teaching certification, preferably with a master’s degree in a related field
- Experience in a similar role in international schools
- Team player, resilient, positive & with a growth mindset
- Ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues alike
- High level of initiative, willing to work in an ambitious and dynamic school