BBIS GmbH is an independently run, state-approved, inclusive, English-medium day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. We are the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School to be fully authorized by the IB organization to teach all four IB programmes covering the 3 to 19 age range. In the school year 2020/21 our school teaches about 750 students who represent more than 60 nationalities.
BBIS has an opening for a
Primary EAL Teacher (f/m/d)
| Job Description
|| Your Profile
- Working within the Student Support Services Department (SSS), the teacher is confident and able to effectively teach students English at a beginner or intermediate acquisition level
- To prepare and provide differentiated classroom resources and materials for students learning English
- Instruction may be provided in the regular classroom or in a specialized small-group pull-out situation.
- Develops, delivers and monitors interventions depending on need.
- Meets with members of staff on a regular basis to review student’s progress, re-evaluate academic decisions about a student, formulate interventions needed, devise instructional strategies.
- Compiles and revises documentation of student files to provide information and illustrate student’s abilities.
- Maintains accurate records and reports regarding a student’s progress
- Works alongside mainstream colleagues to advise and support an inclusive environment for all students.
- Coaching fellow teachers in differentiation practices
- Possess a recognized teaching qualification (QTS)
- Certification in teaching English as an Additional Language
- EAL teaching experience, preferably in an IB context (PYP)
- Current in-depth knowledge of language acquisition theory as well as language and literacy development for bilingual and multilingual learners
- Excellent cross-cultural interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
|Perks - More than just a job
- Have an impact. With professional competence and enthusiasm, we are improving day by day the educational level, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Use our professional training to prepare you optimally for your tasks
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Fun at work and beyond. Join our team events – there's always something to celebrate! Or use our fitness offers to get balanced
- Feel at home. Enjoy our green campus, our relocation service and the international open-minded community
Please review our website or our Youtube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using our online application form.