Secondary Parent Teacher Conferences (PTC) on the horizon
With the upcoming Secondary Parent Teacher Conferences (PTC) on the horizon (29th October 15:30-19:00 & 30th October 10:00-17:00) it can be important to prepare a few questions in advance to make conversation with your child/children’s teachers as fruitful and as rich as possible. From the LD Online website they’ve put together a useful list of questions to direct conversation at any PTC - considering 2/3 questions for the 10 minute slots with teachers will really enrich the discussion:
- What are the concepts that will be covered this semester?
- How will this be evaluated?
- What types of tests and evaluations will my child have to take this semester?
- What are my child’s strengths and weaknesses in this subject?
- Is my child participating in class discussions and activities?
- Do you think my child is reaching his or her potential?
- What can I do at home to help support my child’s academic progress?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of at this point?