BBIS GmbH is an independently run, state-approved, inclusive, English-medium day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. We are the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School to be fully authorized by the IB organization to teach all four IB programmes covering the 3 to 19 age range. In the current school year 2020/21 our school teaches about 750 students who represent more than 60 nationalities.
BBIS has an opening for a
Student Support Specialist (f/m/d)
| Job Description
|| Your Profile
- Working within the Student Support Services Department, the teacher is confident and able to effectively work with students with language acquisition; mild to moderate learning differences; emotional needs or a combination thereof.
- To prepare and provide differentiated classroom resources and materials for students with learning issues in a variety of curricular areas based on individual need (EAL, learning differences etc.).
- Instruction may be provided in the regular classroom or in a specialized small-group pull-out situation.
- Develops, delivers and monitors interventions depending on need.
- Meets with members of staff on a regular basis to review student’s progress, re-evaluate academic decisions about a student, formulate interventions needed, devise instructional strategies.
- Compiles and revises documentation of student files to provide information and illustrate student’s abilities.
- Maintains accurate records and reports regarding a student’s progress
- Works alongside mainstream colleagues to advise and support an inclusive environment for all students.
- The Student Support Specialist is a member of the teaching staff that has specifically studied special education theory and/or English language acquisition (EAL) and has been specially trained in planning and implementing curriculum and educational programs for individuals with language, learning and/or emotional needs.
- Holds a relevant masters degree and teaching experience in an international school.
- Current in-depth knowledge of language and literacy development; the reading process; language development; cognition and learning.
- Awareness of differences in literacy acquisition for students learning English as an Additional Language.
- Experienced in using technology to support and enhance student learning.
- Strong skills in communication and teamwork.
- Confident in offering professional development for mainstream colleagues.
- Committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all students.
|Perks - More than just a job
- Have an impact. With professional competence and enthusiasm, we are improving day by day the educational level, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Use our professional training to prepare you optimally for your tasks
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Fun at work and beyond. Join our team events – there's always something to celebrate! Or use our fitness offers to get balanced
- Feel at home. Enjoy our green campus, our relocation service and the international open-minded community
Please review our website or our Youtube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using our online application form.